3 in 1 Tropical Beauty Tip - Body Scrub
Coffee can do more than just get you through the day. I’m not a heavy coffee drinker but I recommend this body scrub for three reasons:
- Perfect for Exfoliating – Coffee grounds are useful for exfoliating, leaving your skin looking fresh and healthy getting rid of dull dead skin. Meaning you will have smoother looking skin and a perfect glow.
- Natural Tropical insect repellent – The smell of coffee, deters insects and mosquitoes. Tea tree oil is also helpful for repelling insects. Most insect repellents are highly toxic, so tea tree oil and coffee can be a better, more natural alternative.
- Feel refreshed and moisturized – Great way to wake you up in the morning and the natural oils will help give you that radiance in the sun.
What you need…
- ½ cup of ground coffee (must be dry)
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of melted organic coconut oil or olive oil
- A few drops of tea tree oil
What you need to do...
- Mix the coffee with brown sugar and the organic oil of your choice. The mix needs to be a paste consistency.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to the mix and blend once again.
- Finally, put it in a jar and keep refrigerated. Use leftover within a few weeks.
- I don’t recommend this scrub for your face, especially if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin. An alternative for acne prone skin, would be to swap the coconut oil for an alternative oil like grapeseed. For sensitive skin, if you want to use it as a facial scrub I would leave out the tea tree oil.
- Run hot water after to prevent clogged drains
- Take caution in the shower when using this scrub, the oil can make the tub/ shower floor very slippery
I used this scrub when I went to Bali last May. I didn't get any insect or mosquito bites. I hope this helps on your travels and gives you that natural, poppin highlight.